Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 starts tomorrow night.

I will be playing covers in a live karaoke band at a bar in Naperville.

It's a pretty sweet gig; it pays well, it's fun, and it's great practice.

But that is not where I'm going to be New Year's Eve 2011, I can promise you that!

Every day this year I will catalogue exactly what I do to make myself a bigger, better, richer person.

There is some old story about Harvard students who were asked what their goals were: a large percentage of those students had no specific goals, a smaller group had specific goals laid out in their heads, and the smallest minority of those students had actually written down their list of goals. As the legend goes, the students who physically wrote out their goals achieved much more success down the line.

I hope this blog will be a motivating factor in my life in a similar way. I hope to force myself to work every day for the sake of touting my achievements and recording my productivity here. I find nothing to be as influential as the opportunity to rub my successes in my own face.

This year (starting January 1, 2010), I will include an entry listing everything I have done to further my career and personal development each and every day, no matter what obstacles lie in my path (like shoddy internet access or hangovers, to name a few).

Tomorrow's entry (New Year's Eve, better known as December 31, 2009) will include a list of goals I am working towards.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: